fan page

fan page
Facebook fan page

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

The Mystery Artist




I love to go to little thrift and antique stores and muck around finding treasures. This is one of my favorites. While I love getting things I know where they come from this is just a fun little bit about one that is a mystery to me. I picked this up at a thrift store some 10 years ago. It is dated 95. It has a artist listed whom I have concealed the name of because I obviously cant find the person to ask permission to put it up. I grabbed this 8x10 inch wood painted and engraved plaque for a grand total of 75cents. I love it and it has hung every where I have lived since the day I bought it.


I find myself stopping fairly often to gaze at it and wonder about the front angel serene and beautiful. I also wonder about the more fun angel on the back. It has a comment written that says "A Angel for Rich." I wonder about Rich to. Was this for a child's room? Was this discarded by some wayward lover. Did some one pass away and this treasure was given to thrift. I am always so curious. I thought I would share this little mystery with you and ask you a question.


What are your favorite finds. What has a mystery you would love to know about.

4 comments:

  1. I love buying signed art and looking up the artist. I especially like if I can buy a series of them from the same place like groups of 2 or three.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm, that was interesting. Looks like somethings will always remain mystery.

    I myself has been trying to solve the mystery of the legend that forces you to have "earn it before

    having it", for a wile now. Could not understand much though.

    Let me know in case you get to understand the mystery of the Old Hound and the Legend

    By the way, good writing style. I'd love to read more on similar topics

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a really cool story. Then looking back at the picture I can see more meanings, just like you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks to all of you for commenting and reading and yep I am staring at it again today :) oh Saili I will check out that link.

    ReplyDelete