fan page

fan page
Facebook fan page

Friday, July 24, 2009

The Simple Life


Yesterday I had a fun day. While working in my garden my neighbors daughter who is six asked if she could come over and help. It was to much fun. She saw I was also taking pictures of some art work and wanted to help me set up a photo or two. The picture I used in this we did together. I love it because it reminds me of the simple things and just how happy that they can make a person. I also find them wildly inspirational. There photo has a old watering can I picked up at a thrift store along with a pewter tray. They were both great finds to add to my collection of all thing old and odd. Then the flowers and tomatoes were from my garden. She called them my baby tomatoes. I did not have the heart to explain that the variety I grew were supposed to be that big. Then the small cake was just one of my efforts at working with clay. It was a good day and we had so much fun. What it really got me thinking about to is how important it is to pass down a love of what is simple to the younger generation to. I never have seen a little girl so excited to take home some flowers and tomatoes before. Well have a good day and I wish you all the chance to enjoy some thing simple today.

2 comments: