fan page

fan page
Facebook fan page

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Gratitude Wednesday and Bits of the past

The above photo is of my great great grand parents. They were farmers and raised lots of children. They adopted a child when they already had 8 of their own. The Mrs. was very outspoken on womans rights and from all acounts they fawned over my mother like she was a cherub. I have a lot of photos of relatives like this and family items that have been handed down. This week my goal has been to get more of them out there to be seen. I often have the feeling these faces from the past look over us and I want to respect that. So I am grateful for these fragments of them to keep them alive in our hearts. I love the idea that your never really go if some one remembers you.
This is my grandmothers grammar school diploma. It has her name on the back in my great grandmothers handwriting. I love it and have had it for 2 years sitting in a box. Now when I see it I am instantly reminded of my grandmothers tales of her youth. I am even working on a journal of those stories so they will live on past me and not be forgotten. So I am grateful for the fact that putting this stuff out has reminded me that every thing is small in a way. That no problem is really as big as it seems at the moment.
now other things I am grateful for are.
3. I am grateful for getting in Stangefolk this year. I loved it the first year and cannot wait to see all the booths and have a ball.
4. I am grateful that my husband had a vacation day and we really just relaxed and had a good time. I figure we are pretty lucky been married 8 together 10 years and we still love a day alone together.
5. I am grateful for my friend Bindi and my sister who both knowing my love of snail mail have sent me fun stuff this week.
So what are you grateful for?
love
Cappy

2 comments:

  1. I love family photo stories, and have a big portrait of my great grandparents that I want to do a blog post on.
    I am grateful for my health, my (relative) wealth, my family and friends, my kittens, and my love of making jewelry.
    Wonderful post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you MAB I would love to see your story on that big portrait and see it. Those are always so neat. Wonderful items you have on your gratitude list. I know my pets are always in my top 10 :)

    ReplyDelete