fan page

fan page
Facebook fan page

Friday, November 5, 2010

Creative Idea for the broke around the holidays


The holidays can be great and have lots of fun wonderful memories but many people feel overwhelmed and like they need to get super gifts for everyone not realizing most of their loved ones will just be happy they thought of them. When we were first married many a loved one got a Christmas cookie sampler box. I still get request for those boxes.

So here is something I learned and wanted to share.

I went to the thrift store the other day looking for several items and saw a bunch of holiday stuff out. My hubs found me this exact item in box just as shown here http://cgi.ebay.com/Carole-Towne-Collection-CRAWFORDS-GAS-STATION-Box-/350392097036?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5194ff190c I love my holiday village as you all know I ranted about it last year and my glee. So we grabbed it. Then a friend saw it and said wow you got that at the thrift shop. So I checked. I got this for $5.00 at the thrift shop. So I started thinking about how many times we think oh no I would never get anyone a gift from the thrift shop. We all expect all gifts from there to be more like this. Horrible dough and doily hell you see at the top.
So this seemed like a good time to remind myself and everyone there are some great bargains to be had there and it could take the weight off this holiday season.
Let me know your tricks I will be sharing more over the season.
love
Cappy

No comments:

Post a Comment