Wednesday, March 31, 2010
Tuesday, March 30, 2010
Well I guess it was good I got brave because this morning I was contacted to do a phone interview for a radio show. The show is The Rude Awakenings Show on Station WOMC-FM 98.1 and the Gentleman who will be interviewing me is named Bulldog. It will be April 5th the day before the Regretsy Book comes out.
I am of course terrified because this will be my first radio interview but am so excited and thrilled they were kind enough to contact me. What a fun adventure.
So to check out there page because I listened to some of it this morning and it was loads of fun go here www.irieradio.com and then click on The Rude Awakening. Wish me luck yall.
Then if that is not fun enough I have more to post such as a Regretsy Art Show in Wisconsin. The wonderful person who is running that was kind enough to add me.
Then if you check out Regretsy you will see the trophy for the book contest. The wonderful April Winchell Hired my to make that trophy and I think it was the most fun I ever had with my clothes on. To see it go to www.regretsy.com and look at the contest.
Well off I go to get myself into more trouble. Oh the clown painting is just absurd and I thought why not share some absurd.
Monday, March 29, 2010
Friday, March 26, 2010
Wednesday, March 24, 2010
Now on to the gratitude list.
1. I am grateful it was the hubby and not me that was called for jury duty. I do not mind doing my duty but am currently swamped.
2. I am grateful for the sweet lady who gave me the sheer curtains I am going to use on the porch.
3. For the coolest custom art project I have ever been asked to do.
4. For my sweet hubby who has filled out several customs forms this week all with a smile.
5. For coffee recently I am just loving my coffee must be the new pot.
so what are you all grateful for this week.
Monday, March 22, 2010
Today I am focusing on Magic, good luck or fairy power what ever you like to call it when it seems things just keep getting better for you. I am finding all is going well in my little world. Sales are up which rocks. I am still plucking along at the redecorating and got some free white sheers for my sun porch which means the ugly ruffly ass curtains I was going to use might be on the way to good will.
I am just enjoying how some days all is good. I figure maybe it will take the sting out of those not so great days. So whats wonderful in your world today?
Sunday, March 21, 2010
Have a good Sunday all
Saturday, March 20, 2010
Thursday, March 18, 2010
So my little lesson I learned and wanted to share was simply to not allow yourself to wallow. Really you just end up smelling like crap.
hehe see yall tomorrow
Wednesday, March 17, 2010
So if you have any idea of my old school virtual pets please let me know what you would like to see.
Now the gratitude list.
1. I am grateful it is St.Patricks as I am looking forward to beer, corned beef and cabbage and some weird green desert. Hey gas is just a risk you have to take for St.Patricks.
2. I am grateful that yesterday when I was just feeling blue much like every one does from time to time I got a good slap with the reality stick that spending time feeling sorry for yourself is a huge waste of time. So today I am back up and running.
3. For the awesome man who is fixing yes another thing on our car. He is a friend. We brought him the parts and a case of beer and he is almost done. That is a real blessing as we have had a lot of extra expenses lately.
4. For the lovely April winchell. Yes I know some people do not like Regretsy. Get over it. This week she is auctioning off a bag on there and all the proceeds are going to help animals. I got to do a small part and make one of several charms that go on the handmade and truly awesome bag. Not only does her doing that remind me to keep trying to do good things but it also is a wonderful feeling to have donated just a little some thing that is part of a bigger project for good. OK good lord I sound sappy moving on now.
5. For my big slow kitty Peabody. He was not supposed to survive but with some extra attention did. He seems to have topped out at about the intelligence of a 6 month old kitten. That is fine because he is happy plays and has other kitty friends. He never has to go out and face the world or any thing. He is also hilarious because he has not learned the patience of the other cats. He has been casually walking up to any one doing any thing he wants to do or any where he wants to be and lighting fast smacking them repeatedly. We call it Ninja Strike and are trying to catch it on film. The best part is the other cats run in horror at his speed.
Well that is my gratitude list this week what is yours.
Now on to the redecorating. This is my first trial of colors for some basket cozies. And yes that is Nixon and Elvis there behind them. I do not particularly like Nixon but I do like Elvis and the post card has sentimental value.
I just pinned these they are going to hold our extra bath stuff like extra shampoos and such above the shower. I am debating if the color is good or to much. In a few days it will either be new fabric or sewn.
This is the other cozy. The shelving was just small white plastic shelves I have had forever but size wise they fit the bathroom. However you could see every thing stored on them. So I went to work making the cozy. It still needs a couple of buttons and maybe a trim on the bottom but you can get the idea.
Let me know what ya think yay or nay please. These are all things I already had and so far I have stuck to my goal. Friday I am heading out to find a few things.
Tuesday, March 16, 2010
Saturday, March 13, 2010
I have also been mildly obsessed with making jewelery which if you care to see you can find in my shop.
Now on the thing that has had me really happy. The sweet lady April Winchell who created regretsy has got many artist together to create a Regretsy designer bag. It has many wonderful accoutrement's as well the bag itself is freaking fantastic. Best of all this is to auctioned on ebay with all the money going to help Elayne Booslers Charity for animals. As you all know I kind got a thing for animals.
Well one of my little charms is on there a penis charm to be exact. Because Ebay has their heads firmly up their asses they took down the auction over my penis charm even though she had pixelated all but the face. And if you see it you will know that clearly it is barely recognizable as a penis. That was kinda the point of it.
While yes I find it very funny that in Ebays twisted brain I am to scandalous for mainstream. But my real hope is that it in no way effects the auction and the money they get to help animals. So I have been hovering checking the auction often hoping they get to keep going as they are because it is freaking awesome. So here is a link to Regretsy so you can find the wonderful Charity auction and hopefully get a great laugh at all the crazy stuff there. www.regretsy.com
Now on to the new shop I wanted to show yall. Well it is not actually new but it is amazing and nifty. These photos are of Acrylic and Steel this is the shop of the lady who won my vomiting unicorn print. You know she has to be fun if she wants a vomiting unicorn print.
The photos are her and then her hubby and little one. The shop is to cool. You will find every thing from really wonderful paintings to really cute little aceos like a pink deer to hand forged knives that are gorgeous. If your looking for a shop that is just huge in variety and all quality stuff click the link :) www.acrylicandsteel.etsy.com I hope you all love this great find of a shop.
Thursday, March 11, 2010
The reason I am writing about them today is 3 reasons in one.
1. I was going to show you a photo of all the crap I tossed out yesterday but the damn rain was so hard last night that you could not see the trash.
2. I was going over photos to put out and thought of how these to lovely ladies taught me so much and wanted to share.
3. As I try to pull together what I see as beautiful I realized it is really just a giant accumulation of memories and lessons and bits passed down to me over the generations and a few new things I learned along the way.
So as for the trash we usually have 1 can this week I have 8 additional bags all just junk we had no need for.
The Grandmas Grandma G and Grandma M could not have been more opposite. On was married one was divorced. On was born in the 30s one in the early teens.
Grandma G never met a stranger and no matter what happened had a positive out look.
Grandma M is maybe the most comical person I ever met with the darkest sense of humor.
The best part they loved each other.
How they rubbed off and me and effect what I am doing now really is what makes me laugh. When going over art I have to keep several walls available for family I have no real memory off or who the photos of are older than either of my grands who are both sadly gone now.
Why is simple. Grandma M instilled in me the firm belief that those people watch over you and you need to let them know you appreciate it.
I also always have to leave room for a cross in every room just about. Why because Grandma G taught me it was like a blessing for each room. So while my religious views vary far from hers a devout catholic. I think the house looks naked with out them.
Grandma M taught me to judge keeping a item only on if you will be happy to see it when you dust it at least once a week. She would of applauded the trash pile.
Grandma G taught me as Great Grandma S taught her to always keep a nice cup set and sugar set on hand for when people swing by and some little some thing sweet in the house. I do not know how many times this has come in handy. To this day if I have guest coming and know it I buy donuts because my Great Grandma S always had a love of Dunkin donuts.
Heck I play music they listened to when working, My kitchen has lilac curtains that remind me of one of there favorite flower.
so in closing on this unduly long rant. Next time you do to design or do any thing really think about where your preferences come from. Do not get me wrong there is always room for change but I find a real comfort that it feels almost like they while both long gone have helped to make my house a home.
Wednesday, March 10, 2010
I once needed a vanity for the load of toiletries I carted around but I had gotten it to just a large shoe box sized box. Well seeing as I believe to change one thing you need to change every thing I got radical. I picked out the cutest antique pepper mill box I had that I painted black because some one tried to take the varnish off. I loved it but never thought it could hold my essentials.
Well after tossing out 80% of my so called essentials I can now find what I want faster and even have all my lotions and eye creams in there to.
My rule was if I had not used it in 1 week it went. And as a gift to myself for doing so well I get to take a gift card I have to bath n body works and get myself a treat.
Rethinking what you have. I love this old box. It is a candy box from the late 40s early 50s. It has a raised relief of roses and that blue tile. But the poor thing has died. It has held my special treat myself soaps for years. It is time to let it go. So the lid may become wall art and who knows the box a tooled leather may be part of my next assemblage. But either way it is frayed and the lid came off time to take it out of the bathroom.
Tuesday, March 9, 2010
Monday, March 8, 2010
Friday, March 5, 2010
So I will be spending all my time following her around like a deranged mother hen the next few days.
Talk to ya soon
PS. I will draw for the giveaway on Monday so feel free to enter :)
Wednesday, March 3, 2010
Monday, March 1, 2010
This week the big goals are get my shipping supplies ordered from usps as I have run myself out.
list the ton of things I have just sitting there.
Create the painting I have in my mind for my latest naughty series.
Yoga and meditation at least 4 times.
No on to the weekend. I went it very worried turned out hubby fixed the car with out a horrible bill. Yes a bill but nothing earth shattering. I got some really cool pics like the one above of birds migrating back north. You have to love the heralds of spring.
My art work is coming along awesomely. I have a large jewelery chest I was upcyling almost done. I am so happy with how things are coming along. So that was my weekend oh and add some rum and really bad hulu.
Take Care All